Ralf,
I like the detail in the first photo, the bridge and canal with the
buildings in the background.
It is a very 'matter of fact' representation of the scene, but
compelling none the less.
I feel invited to explore the details and wonder about the crossing.
I don't feel the second photo translates as well.
At 10,000 pixels wide, the detail must be enormous but it is lost on the screen.
Furthermore, the buildings on both sides of the canal block the
distant horizons.
I think one of the pleasures of viewing your photos is marveling at
those distant details.
Regards,  Bob S.