----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts"
Subject: Re: Pentax 6x7 video ...

Michael Reichmann did some actual tests of 67 shutter vibration and showed the resulting photographs (yes, I know that looking at actual results, rather than endlessly arguing theory, is out of vogue):
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/pentax67ii.shtml

Note that Reichmann's results are with a long lens (300mm with 1.4x TC: 420mm, or roughly equivalent to 210mm on a 35mm camera) and that he merely states that one needs only use an adequate tripod to completely eliminate the effect.

I was wondering if I should include that link or not. The tripod he used was way undersized for the camera lens combination, which was probably pushing 12 pounds. The only time I've experienced picture ruining vibration with the 6x7 was when using an undersized tripod (Manfrotto 055) and a shutter speed that caused the tripod to ring from secondary harmonics (is that the right term?).

William Robb