Unless there is a switch or something else of which I am not aware, the
battery in my recently purchased 6x7 is dead. (I can't imagine you have
to have film in the camera or a lens mounted to make the shutter work??)
In any case, the battery check button does nothing and the shutter
doesn't activate. The battery I removed is a Panasonic 4G13 lithium of
6.2 volts. The camera stores are closed for the night, but I checked in
a drugstore and found a Duracell 28L that is physically identical, but
is labeled 6.0 volts. Should this battery work? It doesn't. I'm going to
get the correct replacement tomorrow, but I thought someone might be
able to fill me in.
Paul