On 18 Dec 2001 at 19:58, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> Unless there is a switch or something else of which I am not aware, the
> battery in my recently purchased 6x7 is dead. (I can't imagine you have
> to have film in the camera or a lens mounted to make the shutter work??)
> In any case, the battery check button does nothing and the shutter
> doesn't activate. The battery I removed is a Panasonic 4G13 lithium of
> 6.2 volts. The camera stores are closed for the night, but I checked in
> a drugstore and found a Duracell 28L that is physically identical, but
> is labeled 6.0 volts. Should this battery work? It doesn't. I'm going to
> get the correct replacement tomorrow, but I thought someone might be
> able to fill me in.

Hi Paul,

The 28L battery will work, essentially you could tape 4 SR44 together as this
is what the battery is effectively. BTW if the battery is the good (which
should be indicated by illumination of the battery test lamp) the shutter will
only work is the film counter is advanced. Open the camera back, wind the film
counter past ...0 with your thumb and close the back before letting it go.
Should be A OK then.

Cheers,
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA