The "/" was a carryover from the Takumar days.
Kent Gittings

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Tim Engel
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 11:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 50mm/1.2 Variations

19 Dec 01, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just curious about the serial numbers of the different K50/1.2
> variations.  Can someone post the SNs for their K50/1.2s and let me know
> if it's an "early" or "late" model.  Thanks!   ---   Shel Belinkoff

Shel,

I have two K50  1.2's
SMC  PENTAX  1:1.2  50mm  Serial Number 1467330  and
SMC  PENTAX  1:1.2  50mm  Serial Number 1444624.

Neither has the  "/".
Both have the  "mm".

The recent threads concerning with-n-without  "/"  &  "mm"  is the first
I've heard that two versions existed,  so I'm hardly the authority to
confirm that mine are early or late models.   But I'm assuming from this new
info that they are both examples of the later model.

Regards,
Tim Engel

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com