On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:57 PM, frank theriault
<knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Taken on a small photo drive today. Some one had to go to the office
>> with the paper work.:-)
>>
>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=8555681
>>
>> Not sure if i like it with the OOF fence, would a better DOF help this one.
>
> A sharper fence would be nice, but it's still a lovely photo

>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=8555687
>>
>> One of our super boxes in winter.
>
> Har!  A Super Mailbox.  Haven't seen one of those since I lived in the
> 'burbs back when I was married - like 15 years ago.  Amazing the way
> the Post Office spin doctors tried to convince us that by ~not~
> delivering the mail to our doors we were getting better service
> because we could post letter from the "Super Mailbox".  I never bought
> it, did you?  ;-)

Nope, and still don't. Id have to hazard a guess, but i'd say about
50% of the mail i put into the box, never reaches its destination.
My thought is the junk mail is put into the mail slot, and is tossed
by the mail man, with out to much routing around.
The workers up here are contracted, i know a lot of them, and i don;t
think they put the whole 100% in a day.:-)

> Nice photo anyway...
>

>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=8555689
>>
>> Old church door.
>>

> This is one gorgeous photo!  You need to enter it into a contest or
> something.  It's a winner!

You know, i drive by this on a daily bases and today is the first day
i ever noticed it as a photo op. Could be it has just the right snow.

Dave

--
Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com