Very tender story, Dave.

I hate to think of the thousands more that were not so lucky.

On Feb 10, 2009, at 23:35 , David Savage wrote:

<http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/750089/koala-rescued-in-forest-near-mirboo >

DS

2009/2/11 Brian Walters <supera1...@fastmail.fm>:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:19:04 +0900, "David Savage" <ozsav...@gmail.com >
said:
And the news that arsonists are responsible for some of the fires that
lead to deaths is enraging a lot of people.

Yeah - unfortunately a large number of summer fires are started by these
morons.  And they're almost impossible to catch in the act.

Having said that, dry lightning strikes are responsible for many
outbreaks as well. I was amazed at how readily this can happen when a lightning strike set a large tree alight in our back paddock a couple of
years ago.  The resultant fire took hold incredibly quickly.  Had the
lightning not been followed by heavy rain after about 10 minutes, I
shudder to think what might have happened.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia