Hi Everyone:

1) The point of this exercise was to shoot closer & engage with people more, which really doesn't come naturally to me. For the bit of street stuff I've done, I have used the DA* 50 - 135mm, which obviously allows for greater distance between the camera & subject--as you know--sorry about stating the obvious here :-). I found shoot close really hard at first--and I was so nervous, but folks who were out and about today were cheerful & very willing. This helped.

2) There's a bit of irony to this shoot: I had to kill 2 hours on the street because I had to wait for new prescription lenses to be mounted on my eye glass frames, which left me with no glasses! It was really disconcerting to shoot without glasses. Thank the gods for autofocus :-). My distance vision is not what it used to be, but it's not that bad, but if I had had to manual focus, there's no way I would have hit the focus.

http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/Shooting%20Closer%20Street%20Portraits/index.html

Comments/critique welcome.
Cheers, Christine