2009/2/16 Dario Bonazza <dario.bona...@virgilio.it>:
> The earliest PDML email I've saved from ye olde days dates back to March 20,
> 1997 (it was sent by John Mustarde). So I was already hanging here at the
> time. Email subject was: "Russian lenses in Poland".
> Other guys of the time were, in random order: Ralf Engelmann, George
> deFockert, George Stanley, Doug Brewer (uh, ooooh!), Wing-hong Lee, Joe
> Tsatskin, Roland Mabo, Jostein Oksne (already viking then), Jerry Houston,
> Derby Chang (hi!)...

IIRC, I joined in -96. That's when I got my first regular dialup
connection. Before that I had only been connected to internet through
the university in Bergen; it took them two years to close my account
after I graduated <g>.

You may remember that John Mustarde briefly visited the List last year
to offload some equipment. He too, alas, is going to the Dark Side.
However he has trouble letting go, and encourage his wife to use the
Pentaxes. I bought the lens he had which his wife could not under any
circumstance be expected to handle anyway... :-)

Roland Mabo is still a pentaxian and active in other forums. Over at
DPreview he is considered something of a troll, I think. My memory of
him at PDML was a more humble kind of guy looking to improve his
photography.

And don't forget Boz Dimitrov! He was quite active on the List back
then. I remember he agonised a lot over detaching himself from PDML
and vowed to keep the K-mount page going. Truly a man of his words!

Does anyone remember the name of the Scotsman who ran the first
incarnation of the PUG, before Igor struck the deal with Komkon?

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com