From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
John Celio
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:08 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Whats with recent Pentax Camera names?

> NOT isnt from 1993, its a common language thingy dating back centuries

> in some languages. German uses it for sure, (nicht), thats where I
> learned it in the 1970's. Im sure other languages do too, it's English
> usage was trendy for a while but the purpose hasnt changed, its a
> just a negation to a statment.

I am referring to the practice of sarcastically agreeing with someone's
statement and then taking it back with a loud, extra-sarcastic "NOT!"
It
was very popular in the mid-nineties, when I was a teen, and I have yet
hear of it being used quite as extensively during any other time period.

I do not mean to imply that my generation is proud of that little
catch-phrase (if it can be called that), but rather that your usage of
it
makes you appear quite juvenile.

John

--