On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM, David Savage <ozsav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC we can thank Wayne's World for the popularity of that practice.

Indeed.

And Mike Meyers, who played Wayne is from Scarborough (usually called
Scarberia by locals), a huge, bleak suburban wasteland on the east
side of Toronto.  Of course, whenever someone from within a 400
kilometre radius of Toronto does well, he is considered by
Torontonians to be "from Toronto".

Therefore, on behalf of Torontonians everywhere, I accept your thanks.

thank you, thankyouverymuch,
frank