On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 07:38:42PM -0500, Adam Maas scripsit:
> The Zeiss ZK Makro-Planar 100/2 is probably the best option available.
> Unfortunately it costs more than any 3 other options combined. Which
> is too bad since its worth every penny.

Ok, _why_ is it worth every penny?

I've been intermittently tempted by it because I use the FA 100mm macro
a lot. (Whether this is because it's my longest prime or because 100mm
is about the right length for a lot of things like indoor birds at the
zoo is hard for me to determine.)  But it is not impossible with Pentax
and Zeiss relative pricing to wind up paying a lot of money for about
the same lens quality, so I'm curious why you say this about the ZK.

-- Graydon, who figures the odds of a DA* 150/2 macro are lamentably
slight.