Bruce Walker wrote:
Nick David Wright wrote:
I am definitely looking at the "lower end" cameras (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "bridge"). The upper end cameras are nice but really don't do anything for me that the less expensive models don't do too.

The definition I'm used-to is that bridges are those SLR lookalikes with built-in (ie non-detachable) zoom lenses. They "bridge" the dSLR models to the compact P&S offerings.

Like Oly's C- series prosumer cameras. The C-8080 was one of the best.

I own several examples of both marques, film and digital, but I don't know of a comparable Pentax camera, or I'd have mentioned it.

keith whaley