In a message dated 2/28/2009 12:52:51 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
cagu...@earthlink.net writes:

Very nice series of  shots, I especially like 1, 3, and 13. And I really,
really like 14. He looks  stalwart. Heh.

Worked out much better than last time. I find, for myself,  sometimes I don't
do that well until I try the second  or third time (on  one particular
subject). I realize later, in retrospect, that the first time  around I was
exploring the situation and finding out where the good shots might  be (and
where the
bad shots were :-)).

Which does pay off later, IF I go  back later.

Marnie :-)
------------------
Hi  Everyone:

It was a $itch of a day out at the construction site:   very, very cold,
damp, and flurries.  But the drilling continued on the  1st caisson for the
super-structure (indoor parking garage & student  services building) as well
as dumping cement and the drilling for the 2nd  caisson (last 2 pics in
GESO).  They will drill a total of 90  caissons.  The construction guys had
some technical glitches, & I  couldn't get my 360 Pentax flash to work
right--I was very close to pitching  it down that over 50 foot hole (1st
pic).  And I didn't check the K10D,  so, without knowing it, I ended up
shooting  jpegs on that  body--ugh.  And the light of course was dreadful
given the  weather.

Still, I had a blast.  The construction guys were really  nice & had no
problem I was there.  I was able to get close; &  the assist. foreman feels
more comfortable letting me roam a bit  freely.  At one point he said to me:
"I'm going in the trailer; I'm  freezing.  Now remember, if you fall down
that hole, Christine, we're  not coming after you.  We're just gonna dump the
cement right on top of  you."  To which I replied, "right."

Anyway, these pics are in color  as opposed to black & white like my 1st
construction GESO.
Comments  are greatly welcome.
Cheers,  Christine

http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/index.html

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.

**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)