Chris ---
brave girl!

ok.. my off the top of my eye favorites:
http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/content/caisson_drilling_feb_27_87_large.html
http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/content/caisson_drilling_feb_27_33_large.html
http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/content/caisson_drilling_feb_27_298_large.html
http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/content/caisson_drilling_feb_27_101_large.html

and this next one because it cries out for a funny caption...
http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/content/caisson_drilling_feb_27_290_large.html

nice photo-journalism -- is it just for you? or a project you were requested to do? I missed the
first go around.

ann

Christine Aguila wrote:

Hi Everyone:

It was a $itch of a day out at the construction site: very, very cold, damp, and flurries. But the drilling continued on the 1st caisson for the super-structure (indoor parking garage & student services building) as well as dumping cement and the drilling for the 2nd caisson (last 2 pics in GESO). They will drill a total of 90 caissons. The construction guys had some technical glitches, & I couldn't get my 360 Pentax flash to work right--I was very close to pitching it down that over 50 foot hole (1st pic). And I didn't check the K10D, so, without knowing it, I ended up shooting jpegs on that body--ugh. And the light of course was dreadful given the weather.

Still, I had a blast. The construction guys were really nice & had no problem I was there. I was able to get close; & the assist. foreman feels more comfortable letting me roam a bit freely. At one point he said to me: "I'm going in the trailer; I'm freezing. Now remember, if you fall down that hole, Christine, we're not coming after you. We're just gonna dump the cement right on top of you." To which I replied, "right."

Anyway, these pics are in color as opposed to black & white like my 1st construction GESO.
Comments are greatly welcome.
Cheers, Christine

http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/caisson/index.html