Hi, Cotty,

Short answer:  "yes".

Long answer:  they'll still think you're a doddering old fart (at least they
do with me), BUT, they'll think you're an old fart with a cool camera.

AND, they'll talk to ya (at least they do with me).  My favourite line, after
a snuggly young thing says, "wow, that looks like an old camera", is to
respond, "yup, it's almost as old as I am!"

Of course, all I'm getting is a brief conversation, then a very polite
"goodbye".  That's about all the excitement I can take right now, anyway!

BTW, it's not only cute young thangs who were talking to me.  Older (ie: my
age) women and men of all ages were commenting as well - I just wasn't
noticing them, that's all.  ;-)

Finally, my Spotmatics are paperweights.  The Mat is a brick.  :-)

Look forward to seeing your cartoon!!

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert