From: "William Robb"
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Sessoms" Subject: Re: Used fixer?

> All I know is the "new" column is really light when it comes in. I can > lift it out of the barrel with one hand.
>
> The used column it replaces is so heavy I can barely lift it to get it > into the barrel to ship back.

They are shipped dry, they are returned wet. it's the weight of the fluid that makes the used columns so heavy.
They hold a surprising amout of fluid.

Essentially water at about 8 lbs/gallon. The column volume is just about 5 gallons, so it should weigh 40 pounds more when full of liquid.

It gains more than 40 pounds ... a LOT MORE than 40 pounds.