Bob W wrote:

Hands up all the software developers on this list who have read the
aforementioned paper, and ever put the principles into practice?

Read the paper, but that was many years ago. Have used the concepts in nearly every piece of "for release" software I've ever worked on. As opposed to "internal use" stuff, like test harnesses, lots of which just isn't "big" enough to warrant that level of engineering ... over-engineered tools are one of the banes of my existence. :-) If I need a hammer, I don't generally need a monkey wrench, a ratchet, a scroll saw, and a screwdriver all in the same package.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)