On Mar 31, 2009, at 14:34 , frank theriault wrote:

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net > wrote:
Yes, relying on technology sucks completely. The true purist would disable all the features of his camera with a sledgehammer. He could then draw his
pictures, unburdened by any assistance from mechanical or electronic
devices. What could be more pure?

But alas, pencils and paintbrushes are mechanical devices (being
levers, they're simple machnes).  Indeed, paper, canvas, easels:
they're all "technology".

I fear the purist can only view a scene and recount what he saw to
anyone interested.  I believe it's called "storytelling".

cheers,
frank

That depends...

A group must have developed a method of communication to be able to tell stories.

It's what we do all the time with our photographs. Same concept - communication.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn’t need to lug a camera.”
–Lewis Hine