On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Graydon <o...@uniserve.com> wrote:
<snip>
>> http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2009/03/sunday-morning-rain.html
>
> I do hope you were not standing in the street to take that!

Actually I was.  It was Sunday morning and there wasn't much traffic.
As you can see there was nothing within eyeshot coming up Parliament
towards me in the lane I was standing in, so I was pretty safe.  Wet
but safe...

;-)

> It's the very thing, though, Toronto street in the rain, beer store and
> all.  (Beer store signs in black and white look ... off, they're
> supposed to be that shade of unnatural orangish-beige.)
<snip>

The orange in the Beer Store sign is certainly distinctive.  I still
have trouble calling it the Beer Store, though.  Once in a while I
still call it the Brewers' Retail (Dave Brooks will remember that
one).  Or sometimes the In and Out store.

Showing my age, I guess...

;-)

cheers,
frank