if price is a consideration, I like bibble. 5.0 in beta is supposed to
be a lot better than 4.10. You can try a free demo.

For free there is DCRaw an ufraw and the gimp.

If you aren't a computer geek that does hexidecimal math in your head
and designs user interfaces of your own, the advantage of adobe
software is that everybody uses it and it is very easy to get help and
advice.

Is it worth $100 for you to not have to get very good at using a
computer?

My suggestion is to start off with something free, and look or wait
for deals.  If you shoot in Raw you can always go back and process
again later.

Meanwhile there's more than  enough to learn about your camera.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.