On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 03:29:06PM -0500, Nick Wright wrote:
> I am really impressed with iPhoto's conversions of my photos.
>
> Here's a gallery comparing a 3200 iso shot converted with Bibble and iPhoto.
>
> http://is.gd/qmKQ

When I tried iPhoto I found it to be the single worst user interface
that I have ever had the misfortune to use. It was the epitome of the
macintologist philosophy that if you don't want to do something our
way, you are Shit Out of Luck. My first gripe was the fact that it put
every photo into the same library, no matter how big and clunky that
made the library, or if for example you had some photos that you
didn't want to share with everybody that might look through the
library.  There was, it turned out, an aftermarket program that would
change which library it looked at, but there were many other things
about iPhoto that I absolutely despised.

It may have improved since then, but the memories of trying to use it
still make my skin crawl.

As to noise reduction in Bibble, you do realize that the amount of
noise reduction and sharpening in bibble are both adjustable? You can
crank up the NR, and recover some of the sharpness by bringing the
sharpening back up.

I've heard that the best NR algorithm is in DCRAW, that it uses a
wavelet algorithm that reduces noise without causing extra
smeariness.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.