Thanks for the reply Shel.One of the reasons i asked
this ??? is when using my 80-200 f 4.5-5.6 zoom at horse shows,
i find the metering at 80 compared to 200 changes a stop or some times
2 even on bright days.I thought the change is due to the speed of
the lens changing for 80 to 200 and shows up in the needle(K1000)
Thats why i fiqured some compensation might be needed
 from the hand held reading and applied to the 4 different primes
i now have(M42's)speed ranges  f1.8 f 2.0 , f3.5 and f 4(55,105,135 200mm)

Thanks

Dave

Pentax User
Stouffville Ontario Canada