On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 09:28:48AM -0400, Bruce Walker wrote:
> Larry Colen wrote:

> >The whole set is at:
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157616200776255/
>
> Those are really nice, Larry!
>
> Your lighting must have been actually pretty good. Take a look at these
> ones taken with a K100Ds at ISO 1600, all DA* 50-135 ...
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruce_m_walker/sets/72157616071481563/

You got some nice ones too. I think I've got a crush on the
cellist. :)

I love shooting concerts with my 135.

> The last 13 shots were taken last Thursday.
>
> I've been finding that I can even take acceptable shots at ISO 3200 as
> long as the most important elements are well exposed.  Then I just use
> ACR's Blacks or curves to fade away the darker portions of the image so
> the noise isn't very noticeable.

That's what I had found. I've been ridiculed for this before, but as
I've said, try doing a test, shoot at 3200 in manual, then change
nothing but the ISO and continue shoot at 800 and compare the two. The
only difference you'll probably see is a few less blown highlights.

All in all, the K100 is an amazing low light performer for the money.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.