Hi Christine,

The unposed ones (#5, #6, #7) are the best--the can tell the story by
themselves.  I would have taken the unposed photos first before
finally posing her; in fact, I would not 'pose' her at all in the
'formal' sense.  By starting off with the unposed photos, you get your
friend used to you with a camera in your face.  Throughout that
process you would probably be conversing with her--that is
important--because when you finally pose her 'formally', you still
continue that conversation.  By now she is talking back to you and she
is used to not seeing your face but a camera and is impervious to the
shutter clicking; the job of the photographer is to wait for
expressions to come/go/change and fire away in those moments.

The lighting is perfect.  The only thing I would be looking for is
what Dave mentioned; perhaps a close up of the yarn and needles(?)
with a shallow DOF with your friend(s) blurred in the background...or
something like that.

Cheers!

Bong

--