Thanks Paul, Bob W., Dave B., Jack, Luiz, & Pasvorn. Comments and suggestions are all greatly appreciated. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: GESO Liu shoot

Nice. I think tight works better here. Five and six are my favorites.
Paul
On Apr 10, 2009, at 2:01 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:

Hi Everyone:

1) For this homework assignment, I tried my hand at playing a PJ/ environmental portrait shooter. My colleague Liu was kind enough to play the subject--a famous artisan knitter :-).

2) This was all done with window light only. I shot 106 shots, got the 1st cut down to 28, then picked these 8 for the gallery. Liu's niece, May, was with us, and for #2 she held a reflector photo left. The window light was coming from photo right.

3) We finished in the kitchen then Lui started showing May how to knit; I grabbed the camera and started shooting, but the 2 of them were standing in a darker part of the kitchen & I had to bump up the ISO to get it. What was amazing was how totally relaxed I became when shooting these spontaneous shots. When working in the living room for the more posed shots, I was so nervous and tense. The switch in feeling is so striking. Hopefully, the more I do this I'll learn to relax.

http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/liushoot/index.html

Comments welcome.
Cheers, Christine