From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Brian Walters
Sent: Tuesday, 14 April 2009 10:59 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - Fungi. My very first peso :)

G'day James

They're an attractive pair of fungi.  Must be the season for them - I've
had several different types come up in my yard in the past few weeks.

I really like the top one - excellent colour and sharpness.  According
to my Fungi field guide it's Dictyophora multicolor, commonly known as
stinkhorn because the cap smells like rotting meat as it matures.

Not quite so keen on the second one.  The mini-umbrella shapes are very
attractive but I think the image is spoiled a bit by the highlights
caused by the flashes on the background.  You can also see the
reflections of the flashes on the caps.  Perhaps some diffusers on the
flash heads would have helped.

I agree with Cotty about the watermarks.

Bunya Mountains. I love that place - stayed there a couple of times.
Thankfully I escaped being 'ticked'!

I hope we'll see some more of your work.

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters