Well, the fact is I'm not hiding - since I was raised in a time when the BR military had the power to do almost anything I developed the habit of accepting everything I chose to speak, write or draw would be public. Never had any ideas of keeping conversations, letters or expressions under any rose.

Those ideas of mine about the hunger of the powerful for yet more power aren't new, and were published by me and perhaps by others in my behalf since I became 18 years and not my father's legal problem. Not that I ever gave dad any real problems, we're very lucky to this date - I wish I was a tenth of the man he is, his major gripe being the fact I refuse to blame anyone but me for my mistakes. I believe in cause and effect, accept laws as needed to social life, and spent my life to this day talking about respecting the others as I wish to be respected.

My idea of lost game for the time being reflects the fact that we no longer can tell the world it is safe to extend the open hand. The foreigner, the visitor, the others are no longer good friends we just didn't meet yet. For some time, the others are the enemies - again. Next some stupid decides the others are his neighbors farther up on the road and starts blowing things inside his borders. It has happened before.

Too bad I'm too old to change my ways - I still accept my ideas may become object of observation by legal or illegal listeners, watchers, suspicious minds waiting for some clue of my devious and hidden behaviour. I do have an agenda - I want to extend my hand to the others, and an open hand at that. I guess some should be frightened. Not my goal. I really don't think I should mind who is in charge anywhere but BR and PT, wich are my countries - and I'd like to be at ease about being respected exactly as I respect the others. Some dreamer.

I do use a special hard drive to travel - did that for a long time. It's encrypted, has the most difficult of all passwords, and since I'm rather forgetful it is written in a post-it below the keyboard (on the underside, really). Right now it still has the full agenda of my last Disneyworld trip, complete with comments on the hotels inside and outside the complex. Also a series of notes about the photos I intended to take, the email files of the time. I use it because it's older, smaller and allows me to leave the work at the office - if I lose the travelling kit, I can resume working in less than 30 min after I get back.

Guess now I should start carrying the ordinary one, so THEY don't get suspicious... and probably should take some intimate photos, write some gossip about that new couple in the condo and even write myself some mistress' love letters. Just to be safe. Of course, I can't help being one of the OTHERS to them.

LF

Joseph McAllister escreveu:
Whatever you do, be sure to wipe this post clean from your computer(s) and any copies on the internet or PDML archives prior to crossing our borders. This'll put you in the hoosegow fer sure.