On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 03:30:40PM +1000, John Coyle wrote:
> Ok, I must be a butterfingers, but I dropped my MZ-S and FA* 28-105 Sunday,

AFAIK there is no such thing as an FA* 28-105.

There are three different FA 28-105 lenses:

  o  The original 28-105/f4-5.6  -  this is the one with Power Zoom capability

  o  A later 28-105/f4-f5.6 [IF]    (note the Power Zoom lens is not IF)

  o  A 28-105/f3.2-f4.5 AL [IF]

I have the original PZ version, which is indeed an excellent lens.
Other people who have the third lens (maximum aperture f3.2) have good
things to say about it - it may even be a little bit better than the
first one (and I must admit IF is very handy when using a polarizer).