On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:58 PM, William Robb <war...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graydon"
> Subject: Re: 21th may is the day for the new Pentax DSLR.

>>> For me, the above phrase is an oxymoron.  Give me a nice matte screen.
>>
>> Mind if I ask why?
>>
>> I could not begin to use manual focus successfully with the shipped
>> matte screen of the K20D.  The Katzeye split-prism I can at least begin;
>> distant birdies benefit greatly from focus-confirm, but most nearby
>> things I can manage to use manual focus.
>
> I have a very good matte screen for my Nikon F2 that makes the screens going
> into modern cameras look like a wet shower curtain. My major problem with
> focusing now is that the viewfinders are so bloody small. Dim as a burnt out
> light bulb zoom lenses don't make it any easier either.
> I'll take a good quality full matte screen to, but if I can't have that,
> then a split image is my next best option.
> I don't know how the guys using the cheap Canons with their trash
> viewfinders manage.
>
> William Robb

Bill,

You NEED to see a Sony A900 with the M screen then. The viewfinder
seriously outclasses my F2a's VF (I've got the E screen, matte with
gridlines, in the F2a) and the M screen is a manual focus-oriented
matte screen that makes the already superb A900 VF shine.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca