Beattie Intenscreens are still around as http://www.display-optics.com/products_35mm-format_pentax.htm but I think they only have old new stock on hand. LX and PZ-1.

If we all scream at them they may put out a model for the K10/20/xx model cameras. Eh?

On Apr 22, 2009, at 12:23 , Graydon wrote:

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:58:00AM -0600, William Robb scripsit:
I have a very good matte screen for my Nikon F2 that makes the screens
going into modern cameras look like a wet shower curtain. My major
problem with focusing now is that the viewfinders are so bloody small.
Dim as a burnt out light bulb zoom lenses don't make it any easier
either.

I was expecting the f8 mirrors to make manual focus -- and since they're
not AF lenses that's the only kind of focus there is -- really hard.
I've been pleasantly surprised that it's not, at any light level above
twilight.  So I suspect that while small viewfinders don't help the
absolute size of the objective might have more to do with it than the
f-stop.

I'll take a good quality full matte screen to, but if I can't have
that,  then a split image is my next best option.

Well, here's hoping there are some good, Pentax-produced (and thus
certified to not mess with the auto-focus) options available for the new
thing.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac