Well, I do check the results, in a suitable moment, what means I'm not stopping the show to perform a sound check.

The moments I look at the playback I'm not grabbing the auntie pinching the the best man ;-)

Both formats leave you in the roller coaster until you do a proper check at the results. That would be the digitized negatives or the downloaded pictures, checked at ease in a proper monitor. Easier to do with the digital, if you have an assistant to receive the cards and download to a notebook. The film critters like yours truly wait a longer period until the film leaves the processor, at least - but the proper preview is the scanned neg or the contact sheet IF it's pro grade AND the magnifying is adequate.

LF

William Robb escreveu:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Sullivan"
Subject: Re: Film is not dead

Maybe they are checking to see if they got the shot.
Are the film shooters so great that they don't need to check if eyes are open,
or dopey expressions are in the frame?

In the time it takes you to chimp your digital, the film guy has taken at least two more shots. If it's an odds game you are playing, what you want is lots of exposures.
This applies to digital and film.
What it comes down to is if you aren't sure and have time, it's better to just shoot another picture. If you do it quickly enough, you can probably move heads around until everyone is good. Chimping at weddings really is wasting the time you should be using to take pictures .

Seems like a big reach to say,
"We do it right the first time, every time!  No need to check."

That is hyperbole more than reality.
I bet they crank through a lot of film though.

William Robb

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
http://techmit.com.br/luizfelipe/