Well, the 1500 Euro bandied about earlier in the week translates into $1983 USD or $2400 CN. Probably the suggested list, and it may sell for about 25% less at the B&H's of the world. Saving up seems to be the smart thing to do.

In my case, with two K20s, a K10, and a K100 sitting here, I'll probably be waiting until the first big price drop, if I think I need some of what it has to offer. Size isn't important, as I carry my K10/ K20 cameras around with the battery pack base (BG-2) attached at all times. If the same kind of accessory is available for the K7, it'll be "almost" as large and heavy.

But I will be eagerly awaiting the reports of all of you early adaptors as to how great it is (or isn't). : ^ {