I agree. Most of the web surfers I run into are pretty impatient ... if a site doesn't load pretty quickly, they're off the next and have forgotten about it.

It's why I try to keep my web images a reasonable size when I post simple JPEGs for the PESOs, i keep my website pages small. It's why I use flickr.com ... despite other shortcomings, I find it loads pretty fast, reliably. (BTW, there's a nice little flickr browsing app for the iPhone/iPod Touch that makes it even nicer to wander through a gallery of photos. "Klick" ... I believe it's free.)

It's not just a matter of hosting and fast servers. The whole system has to be tuned to obtain good performance.

Godfrey