On Apr 26, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

And thanks for confirming the 'I heard it from a salesguy' provenance
of your info. Retailers, unless you're talking about B&H or Robert
White sized ones, are not 'Industry Sources', even if well-connected.
I've heard far sillier things from the owners of similar 'Leading
Professional' retailers here in Toronto.

And I suppose you feel the marketing presence posed in the information provided by a company's website is of no influence at all in how they present their history or products.

My sources of information have only rarely been wrong. But as I said, I really don't care enough to go searching for details on this. Fester some more, but this thread will now be in the same filter I apply to JCO so don't expect responses. ;-)