On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The City of Toronto is holding a photography contest via Flickr [*].  They
> plan to use winning pictures in official city business.
>
> I did a double-take at this clause in the agreement [**]:
>
> - You waive all moral rights in any of your winning photos and photos that
> receive honourable mention.
>
> Is that a reasonable condition (or even legal) ?

I don't know if it's legal or not (probably is) but I saw that clause,
too, and I'm not entering the contest because of it - oh yeah, I'm
also not entering the contest because I'm opposed to photography
contests generally, but that's another story for another day.

All these guys want is, for the tiny prize that they're giving out,
the right to use your photo whenever and wherever they want without
paying you.

Screw them.

cheers,
frank