Yeah, what he said.  And I'll add that in addition to what Dan said
about the criticisms:

1.  They'll be pockets of people defending whatever they (Pentax) do or
don't do.
2.  Some will threaten to sell all their gear because of it.
3.  Some will ACTUALLY sell all their gear.
4.  Some people will buy lots of older gear from the above people.
5.  Some will buy the new stuff and praise it.
6.  Some will buy the new stuff and criticise it.
7.  Few who buy anything new or used, will find that it actually
improved their photography.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com