According to Boz, the DA* 200mm 2.8 and the FA* 200mm 2.8 have the same filter size, dimensions, number of elements and groups, and minimum focusing distance. Well, that's one possible case of one still available DA* lens capable of printing the entire 35mm frame, even if only marginally.

Or a Full 35mm Frame lens ready as soon as they discover the need - wich they won't, as long as we understand Corporate Pentax's ideas for the future.

Still looking for hands on results. :-)

LF

Luiz Felipe escreveu:
As long as I agree there is little sense in working an APS-C lens with 35mm image coverage if you don't want your lens to be used on 35mm, I don't believe they would take pains to restrict the image circle if the lens design came from a 35mm version. Flare control baffles could possibly be enhanced and the reduction on the original image area accepted. But other than that the lens could be still be able to print 35mm. Not a proper design from the ground, but some revision of an existing and proved successful one. Possible case of the DA* 200mm 2.8?? I'll be doing some spec reading at Boz' pages tonight.

Anyway my question did assume greater lens availability from Pentax. Since the only DA* lenses available with long reach into the 135~200mm and 2.8 aperture are the 50~135 and the 200mm, I really should ask if any 35mm film users ever tried those lenses on anything but APS-C Pentaxes, and what results they got. It's all about getting more uses for Pentax lenses, after all.

LF

JC OConnell escreveu:
The other thing to note is well designed lenses for a specific
format (like APS format and DA lenses)many times could optically
work but because they are designed for smaller formats may have
good baffling and front rings that will vignette if used on a larger format like FF.

JC O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom" - Thomas Jefferson