Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graydon" <o...@uniserve.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting DA 60-250mm test shots

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:03:38PM -0400, Doug Franklin scripsit:
Graydon wrote:
250mm is long?  That's not reliably enough even for feeder birds.
[...] -- Graydon, who figures 800mm is pretty short, most of the time

I'm with you.  I find my (Sigma) 400 limiting sometimes, even with the
"digital crop factor".  I'd love to have the Pentax FA* 600, but
they're  hard to find and harder to afford. :-)

And reported to be something of a challenge to carry!

No question about that. Without a good backpack to carry one, it becomes a very stationary lense.

I would about kill for a 800/8 mirror lens with the current generation
SMC coatings.  Don't think there's any hope of Pentax going there, alas,
but one can dream.

-- Graydon