Despite my busyness, a recent event has urged me to dig into
the recent photos and "develop" a few of them.

Frankie Manning, who was an inspiration for many swing dancers
passed away last week, just a month before his 95th birthday.
(See the article in NYT:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/arts/dance/28manning.html?_r=2 )

I saw him in March, at Lindy-Fest in Houston :
http://42graphy.komkon.org/swing/fm/IMGP6012.jpg
http://42graphy.komkon.org/swing/fm/IMGP6030.jpg
http://42graphy.komkon.org/swing/fm/IMGP6095.jpg

F.M. with his long-time life-partner Judy Pritchet:
http://42graphy.komkon.org/swing/fm/IMGP6030.jpg

F.M. surrounded by kids for whom he's been an inspiration:
http://42graphy.komkon.org/swing/fm/IMGP6107.jpg

And now, OT:
I was impressed to read the post about the funeral of Frankie Manning
and see the videos from there.
It is indeed a celebration of life (literally celebration!) of this great
and inspirational swing dancer!
http://www.rikomatic.com/blog/2009/05/today-we-celebrated-the-life-and-legacy-of-the-great-frankie-manning-at-the-most-swingin-funeral-i-have-ever-attended-as-i-e.html
or short version:
http://tinyurl.com/swinging-est-funeral