On 1 Jan 2002 at 17:52, Ed Mathews wrote:

> It is very personal indeed.  I found the bokeh on all the shots to be
> very pretty, and very similar to what I get with the 77 F1.8 Ltd.
> Highlights take on a very distinct and recognizable circular pattern.

Hi Ed,

Ok, my favourite lenses produce an indiscernible melding of the images OOF
back/fore ground, I don't wish the OOF areas to have shape of their own, this
is why I find this image so distracting. If the 77Ltd behaves like this I'm not
interested in it one iota. See my classic Nikkor 50f1.4 woeful bokeh shot:

http://www.home.aone.net.au/audiobias/bw0503.jpg

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA