On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM, JC OConnell <hifis...@gate.net> wrote:
> wouldnt an EVF camera eat batteries even worse than flash?
>
> I dont like the fact that it consumes energy while an optical
> finder doesnt.

Battery life wasn't a problem with my Olympus C-2100 UZ. The low
resolution screen in the EVF wasn't stellar but the battery life was
fine with 4 AA batteries. Given the EVF is a small LCD and the
backlight can be an LED these days, I suspect the power consumption is
negligible compared to other power eaters like writing to memory
cards, image processing, screw or SDM focus, etc.

I still have the C-2100 UZ and it still works fine. In lens image
stabilization, 10x optical zoom (38-380mm equivalent) and 2 megapixels
of quality along with the EVF. Certainly not a convenient shape though
with the protruding lens and box-like styling.

Cymen