On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:22:15PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:

> On Sunday, John took Angel and I to a rose garden in San Jose, I
> finally had a chance to do a quick sort and process on my
> photos. Despite the wind, I got a few decent ones:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157618121808920/
>
> I'm still going through the 2700 or so shots I took the previous
> weekend in Chicago, so I'm wimping out and just doing the gallery
> thing. Yes, I know, flickr sucks.
>
> John, what's the name of the park we were shooting quail in?

It was the Bernal-Gulnac-Joice ranch in Santa Terasa County Park.

I foolishly left the ISO set to 100, so I wasn't really using a
fast enough shutter speed (and had the lens wide open, which isn't
really what you want to do when using the AF adapter).  But I did
get one shot of that elusive quail that's not too bad:

    http://www.jfwaf.com/PAW/PAW.php?name=PAW0921