AlunFoto wrote:
Hmm... I think we need help from Boris on that one.
Jostein

I think you're right. Here is the help. Practically I can of course translate all of it, but it will take ages. Few random points:

1. The camera sensor seems to be totally new. They have played with the micro lenses to increase actual area of a single pixel. The reviewer also mentions that this new micro lens design makes it work better with film lenses and it allows for wider range of angles of falling light.

2. The picture modes (or whatever is the name) can now be fine tuned for separate contrast rendition in bright and dark areas.

3. They mention that this camera is set to compete face to face (or hmmm, lens mount to lens mount) with Nikon D300, Canon EOS 50D, Sony Alpha 700 and Olympus E-3.

4. All in all, consider that instead of reading through numerous pages of DPReview review (all the description stuff, not testing) you got it presented to you by someone in front of a video camera.

Perhaps if I look at it half dozen times I'd notice more details that might have been omitted in the web based texts, but in general - this is yet another description of the new camera.

Having seen that video that Cotty shown I as well might wanna buy this one. I do want to shoot short videos in general and short videos of my girls in particular.

Cheers.

Boris

P.S. I know for the fact that I am not the only Russian speaker on the list. Perhaps others may contribute given their perspective on all this...