From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:48 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K20D as Scanner

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sullivan"

That's interesting Ken.  I've used the A100/2.8 macro to shoot artwork
onto slides for projecting at focus groups.  My methodology was similar,
insure perpendicular and use available light (living room window).
Results were very acceptable.
>From what you say, I'll have some copy work to do for my sister the
family's genealogist.

Here's a little trick.
Now that darkroom stuff is being given away for the cost of hauling it,
look
for something like a Beseler 6x7 or 6x9 enlarger. If you take the head
off
of it you will find a 3/8x20 screw just waiting to take a tripod head.
Enlarger chassis' are really good copy stands.

If you can get a colour one, the head can often be coaxed into working
as a
light source for copying slides.

William Robb

follow the directions.