Yep, I noticed the statement @ the bottom of the page.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Dayton" <bkday...@daytonphoto.com>
Subject: Re: PESO - Red Winged Blackbird - I think...

I did note this blurb in your informative post:

"Regional Differences
There’s subtle variation in Red-winged Blackbirds across the country. The most obvious race is the “bicolored blackbird” of coastal California, which shows no yellow border
on the red shoulders."

That sounds more like this bird.  Based on the rest of the
description and the song, this sure seems like a California bicolored
version.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 9:22:40 PM, you wrote:

KW> I don't think it is.
KW> http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-winged_Blackbird/id
KW> notice the yellow patch on the wing.

KW> Kenneth Waller