> My salary stays the same, in fact it might even be a bit better, since
> I'll be on a guarantee plus commission if I "break my guarantee", so
> that's all good.  And this is a great time of the year weather-wise to
> be back on the road;  I hate the winter, but love riding in the
> summer, so this should be fun (at least for a while).

Depends on the area - where do you work?

Personally, I do prefer winter to a  hot summer. It must be cold
enough to be dry, while I do hate a wet autumn.

On the other hand the frequent change between the could outside and
overheated, dry office rooms is not that good for ones health.

> I'll also be taking my camera along with me from time to time, so this
> could be a good opportunity to document "the messenger life" for a
> bit...

Take a DSLR with you along the rides? I'd prefer a Weather Resistant Point
And Shoot camera here - or maybe somethin with video function during the
ride itself ;-)

> The down-side (for me, if not for you) is that I don't have a home
> computer and since I won't be sitting at this work computer after
> today, my posts to the list will be waaaaay down.

CU later - is some used computer and some network connection that expensive?
No chance to live without it any more ;-)

Good luck to you, no flats, no accidents and good health,
Martin