Leon, when I imported my LS-8000 scanner I was able to scan and email all of the customs documentation. The scanner was DOA and was eventually repaired locally under a Mack International Warranty. The Nikon warranty was only valid in the USA. The scanner was "Nikon Refurbished" which apparently means repackaging in a new box with no testing done whatsoever (it had loose parts rattling around inside and one of the logic boards was blown). The retailer looked after me and it was fixed but i wouldn't want to be in that position again. Buy locally if you can.

It seems like the prices may have been set for the latest lenses when the Aus dollar was down in the sixty cent range rather than the low eighties as it is now. I compared prices between Vanbar and B&H and on the older lenses Vanbar was usually fairly close when you use their export (US$) price. The 70 2.4 is actually cheaper at Vanbar than at B&H. But the 16-50, 60-250 and 50-135 were all around 50% more expensive and the 55/1.4 is 75% more at Vanbar.

FWIW, Vanbar is advertising the K7 for AU$1545 (US$1238), so it is just the new lenses that are outrageously expensive.

Paul