Leon Altoff <leon.alt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to buy a couple of lenses.  I've priced them locally and via
> mail order from B&H.  If I buy locally it will cost me an extra AU$900
> (after GST, shipping and currency exchange, etc).  That's over half a
> K7!

Is that including customs duties, import VAT and the like? Here in
Europe, this often gobbles up much of the price advantage from buying
overseas.

As an example, something that costs, say, 300 USD plus 40 USD P&P will
have 27,20 of customs duties (8 percent) plus 69,76 of VAT (19 percent)
added on import for a total of 436,96 USD.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com