I try to make a daily visit to the Gallery & rate images & I have to say that I find myself rejecting most of what is presented. If I go thru 20 images, on a good night there might be 4 or 5 that I will give the thumbs up to.

A lot of same ole same ole & family portraits, and Cats !

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Igor Roshchin" <s...@komkon.org>
Subject: Re: Pentax Users Gallery

I agree with John about posting to the Pentax Photo Gallery
(note that it is not a "Pentax USER Gallery" aka PUG!)

I might be overly cynical, - but with the huge number of shots in the
gallery, the likelyhood of some random visitor seeing your shot is
rather small (unless your photos are the "featured" ones, - like those
of Paul S.). Only those who went via direct link to the page with
your shots will make it there. But then, - it is not much different
from your own website gallery.
Hence, the main motivation to get your shots accepted is to get
the warm fuzzy feeling from that fact itself.

To rephrase an old joke:
What is common between posting your pictures to Pentax Photo Gallery and
peeing dark pants?
Nobody notices it but gives a warm feeling.

(I don't mean to offend the feelings of anybody who has their photos
in the gallery, I'm just being facetious.)

I would also agree with what John said about the first 2 photos.
As for the 3rd photo, on the initial viewing, I missed that sign
on the photo.  Indeed, it makes the situation rather ironical.

Cheers,

Igor

272yb at comcast.net 272yb at comcast.net wrote:

John, OUCH, but thank you, I guess part of it is my fault because I photographed the 11x14 prints outside with a K20D rather than scanning the negs.I was in a hurry..As far as the fireman in the burning car photo, what was more important to me was the intense flames and the no parking fire zone sign. That is what made the photo and that is why it was published in a few newspapers. Without the sign in the picture, it is just another car fire photo. The person who owned the car went into the movie house and left the car where it should not have been parked..Joe